Friday, April 30, 2010

April 30, 2010

I've missed a couple of days. No problem, because nothing much happened. Wednesday I was not feeling well and went to bed right after supper. Thursday I felt fine. We did nothing yesterday and nothing today except eat and do crossword puzzles. Britt worked on getting his new computer up and running. He bought a "super" computer that will handle his architectural renderings and other stuff much better than his old one. He bought it in pieces to suit his needs and put it together himself. Oh my, I can't imagine having to do that. He could make good money doing this for other people.
We walked around the circle after supper with the dogs, or rather I should say I was dragged around the circle by Tommy. There is a steep hill on the last portion and he literally pulled me up the hill, thank goodness. We must start doing this on Thursdays and Fridays when the dog park is closed. By the way, we volunteered to help clean the dog park one day a week on a rotating basis with other volunteers. This probably won't start until August or so. It's a small price to pay for having a place to take the dogs so they can play.
We were supposed to get rain today and it was mostly cloudy all day but we got only a little sprinkle. What a disappointment because we need rain!
Tomorrow we are going to Rainbow Springs and then to lunch somewhere. Joyce is going with us. She is on disability, like me, and about my age. She's had such an interesting life, growing up in New York with horses and spending many years working at the racetracks. When she came to Florida, she drove a school bus. She is truly a trip and I enjoy being with her. She and I went to a flea market a couple of weeks ago and we had a great time. We were talking about whether or not she and I would be able to do the walking at Rainbow and once we found out there were plenty of benches, we said, "no problem!" I hope I'll have pictures and lots to say about our day trip on tomorrow's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment